I am loving the soup options on this Ultimate Reset! They are yummy, satisfying, and pretty easy to make. They were also husband and toddler approved. #winning
This sweet potato and red pepper soup was scrumptious! I am looking forward to making it again post Reset.
2 cups water
1 medium sweet potato, peeled, cubed
1/4 medium red bell pepper
1 tsp minced ginger (or ginger paste)
1 1/2 tsp olive oil
2 tsp miso paste, mixed with 2 Tbsp. hot water
1 tsp Flavor God Garlic Lover’s seasoning
Himalayan salt (to taste; optional)
- Bring 1 cup water to boil in small pan over medium heat; add sweet potato and cook for 5-7 minutes. Drain.
- Roast bell pepper on grill or gas stovetop, turning frequently until skin is charred. Place in a bowl and cover with a towel for 10 minutes. Peel skin off under running water and chop peeled bell pepper into 1/2 cubes
- Add sweet potato, bell pepper, ginger, oil, miso paste and 1 cup of water into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth
- Heat soup, in a medium saucepan over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until hot. (You can also microwave it if you’re lazy like me)
- Season with Flavor God seasoning (or any seasoning you’d like) and add salt to taste.