I just went live on my personal Facebook page discussing the topic of side hustles and why you are basically FLUSHING MONEY down the toilet if you don’t have one. I have a 9-5, but I am also a health and fitness coach with Beachbody, so I thought it would be appropriate to share the reasons i think EVERYONE should have a side hustle working for them. Below are the top 5 reasons you really should have a side hustle.
- Build New Skill SetsI have a full-time job that I absolutely LOVE; however, there are certain skill sets that I just don’t get in my 9-5. Leadership skills, entrepreneurial skills, marketing skills… the list goes on.Having a side hustle teaches you things that you probably will never get in a normal job. You might get some, but having your own business is a game changer when it comes to learning and expanding your mindset… especially learning through doing and through failure–which in my opinion is the best way to learn.
“Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune.”
– Jim Rohn
- More $ Every MonthI don’t think I really need to explain this, but a side hustle will result in extra $$$ in your pocket every month.What would you do with an extra $500? $1,000? $10,000?
Currently, my side hustle is allowing me those lavish extras I used to begrudgingly pass on. Things like eyelash extensions, shopping trips, family vacays, a house cleaner and gardener. As my hustle continues to grow that extra money will pay off our mortgage, buy me my dream closet of Christian Louboutins, a vacation home at our favorite ski resort and the ability to send my son to college without him having to worry about student loans for the rest of his adult life.
- Financial Safety NetLet’s be real – life happens. Cars breakdown, houses flood, pets get injured, medical problems arise, family members need help… you lose your job. These are just some of the issues that can plague us unexpectedly, and no one is safe from these types of problems. The only way you can prepare for them is by having a savings or additional stream of income beyond your standard 9-5.It’s also financially responsible to not have all your eggs in one basket when it comes to income. People lose their jobs, become unable to work, have to move and take pay cuts… if you have a side hustle as a separate income source, you can soften those blows from the punches of life.
- Do Something You’re Passionate AboutMost people aren’t passionate about their full time job. It’s just a fact, and it’s OK. I love my full time job, as I stated above; however, I am also passionate about health and fitness… and my 9-5 has legitimately ZERO to do with that. I was able to turn my passion for health and fitness into a side hustle. I’d be working out and eating healthy anyways, but now I make extra income doing it.Are you already doing something you love as a “hobby” on the side? Maybe it’s cooking, knitting, dancing, make-up… etc etc etc. Figure out what you love and get yourself a side hustle! It won’t feel like work, and you’ll be making extra money while doing it!
- TAX WRITE-OFFSOK, this one might be my favorite. If you have a side hustle, you can write-off A TON of things if you’re using them for your business. Like what? Your cellphone, your home internet, home office equipment (like a new laptop or office supplies), travel and meals (I go on a few big trips with my team every year-these are all tax write-offs for me)… uh, yes please. As a Beachbody coach, I am able to write-off my Beachbody workout programs, and any Beachbody apparel I use to promote my business.Don’t get crazy with the write-offs, and keep all receipts… but there are definitely some areas that you can save money on every year!
Are you interested in learning more about what I do as a coach? I’d love to share with you how my side hustle has been a game changer for both me and my family. Email me for more info or if you’re ready to jump in head first fill out this application to be considered for a spot on my team!
Beachbody does not guarantee any level of success or income from the Team Beachbody Coach Opportunity. Each Coach’s income depends on his or her own efforts, diligence, and skill. See our Statement of Independent Coach Earnings located in the Coach Online Office for the most recent information on our Coaches’ actual incomes.