These burgers are seriously the bomb.com! I like to eat mine open faced on a toasted slice of sprouted wheat bread. You can bun the whole thing, or have it protein style sans bread. If you do add a slice of bread be sure to add another yellow container to your fixate portions. These are GREAT for meal prep and keep well in the fridge.
JALAPENO AND CHEESE TURKEY BURGERS
20oz lean ground turkey
2 jalapeños, finely chopped (leave in seeds to make it spicy)
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 red onion
1 head of lettuce
salt and pepper, to taste
- Place ground turkey, 1 finely chopped jalapeño, shredded cheddar cheese, and salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Combine well.
- Divide the mixture into five equal portions, then shape these into patties.
- Heat grill or frying pan to medium/high heat and spray with coconut oil or non-stick spray.
- Add patties to pan or grill and cook on each side for roughly 5 minutes each, or until no longer pink. Remove from heat.
- Once cool, place the burgers into your food storage containers; add one lettuce leaf, one thick slice of tomato, one slice of red onion, and ½ cup baked sweet potato fries. Place in refrigerator.
OVEN ROASTED SWEET POTATO FRIES
4 sweet potatoes, rinsed and dried
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp pink himalayan sea salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp paprika
- Heat oven to 450° F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel and cut sweet potato into 1/4 inch wide strips.
- Place fries into a bowl and toss with olive oil, and seasonings.
- Spread fries onto the baking sheet in a single layer, being sure to not overlap or crowd them.
- Bake for 10 minutes, turn and then another 10 minutes for 20 minutes total, or until the fries turn a golden brown color.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes before storing in an airtight container. Place in refrigerator.
Fixate Containers: 1 red, 1 green, 1 yellow, ½ blue