These sautéed kale and red bell pepper egg cups are OFF THE HOOK! I am definitely adding these to my weekly rotation. They are simple to make ahead of time and easy to reheat well! They also are great to kickstart your morning on the right track… lots of protein and greens.
Yields 15 egg cups
1 Serving = 3 egg cups
2.5 cups kale, chopped
2.5 red bell peppers, chopped
1.5 cups onion, chopped
1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Add 1 Tbsp olive oil to a pan over medium heat
- Add 1.5 cups chopped kale, 1.5 chopped red bell peppers, and 3/4 cup chopped white onions–season with salt and pepper, and cook until onions become translucent, about 5 minutes
- Whisk 6 eggs in a bowl
- Coat muffin tin with non-stick spray and fill with equal parts of your sautéed veggies.
- Spoon in equal parts of the egg mixture–fill to just under the top of the pan
- Top each with 1 tbsp of crumbled feta cheese
- Place in oven and cook for 15 minutes
- Cool and remove from pan. Store in an airtight container in the fridge. Microwave for 1-2 minutes and top with your favorite hot sauce or salsa.
Fixate containers: 3 egg cups = 1 red, 1 green, 1/2 blue, 1 tsp