Turkey taco bowls are insanely simple to make, and are my go to lunch or dinner meal prep. I made it EVEN EASIER for myself by buying frozen rice, canned beans and fresh pre-made pico de gallo! These take me no more than 30 minutes, and I can make a weeks worth of meal preps.
2 bags frozen rice (I use O Organics Frozen Brown Rice)
32 oz or 2 packs of ground turkey (I usually get Jennie-O Extra Lean)
1 can each of black and pinto beans (I use O Organics reduced sodium)
1 container of fresh pico de gallo (most grocery stores have this in the pre-cut veggie section)
Taco seasoning (I use Flavor God Taco Tuesday – it is the BEST taco seasoning EVER)
- Lay out all your meal prep containers
- Spray a pan with non-stick spray and heat to medium heat
- Add ground turkey and use a spatula to chop into tiny pieces (continue to let cook, mixing occasionally, and breaking up the turkey). Once nearly cooked through add a generous amount of taco seasoning; fill each container with a red container of cooked turkey (equivalent is 3/4 cup)
- Drain black and pinto beans using the top of the lid (don’t rinse off the beans); mix them together in a bowl and add beans to your prep containers with a yellow container (equivalent is 1/2 cup)
- Put frozen rice bag in the microwave and heat according to directions on box; once cooked add a yellow container of rice to each prep container (equivalent is 1/2 cup)
- Finally add a green container of pico de gallo to each container (equivalent is 1 cup) – caution here: salsa is usually full of more ingredients and higher in calories than fresh pico, so read your ingredients!
Feel free to add hot sauce (I drench my food in cholula), or lettuce as a base. Sometimes I get fancy and add some black olives or radishes… all great options!